Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

so let's be gentle with it




Just Delicate Needles

by Rolf Jacobsen

It is so delicate, the light.
And there’s so little of it. The dark
is huge.
Just delicate needles, the light,
in an endless night.
And it has such a long way to go
through such desolate space.

So let’s be gentle with it.
Cherish it.
So it will come again in the morning.
We hope.







Trees in Autumn

by Rolf Jacobsen

- when the summer's gone out of them
we can see what they're made of.
The vesseled maze, the spreading beams,
strength or helplessness, bone or cartilage.
Defenseless. Now
we see through them.





I posted this video, Marina Abramavić's, Advice to the Young, on Facebook yesterday. Really worth watching.

Listening to this.

If you've read your way through my books, or read All the God-Sized Fruit, then you know of my interest in the artist Paula Modersohn-Becker. There's a new book I'm dying to read which is out with Yale UP - the author makes connections between Modersohn-Becker and Virginia Woolf.  I've put it on the recommended shelf above as a sort of reminder for myself.











I was standing quietly in the woods taking my leaf photographs, the dog sitting beside me, when in flew this little guy. The lens I use is quite short - doesn't zoom. So you can tell how close this little creature was. A nice moment. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...