Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

the weight of snow



"Life always gives us
exactly the teacher we need
at every moment.
This includes every mosquito,
every misfortune,
every red light,
every traffic jam,
every obnoxious supervisor (or employee),
every illness, every loss,
every moment of joy or depression,
every addiction,
every piece of garbage,
every breath.

Every moment is the guru.”



- Charlotte Joko Beck
















“Joy is being willing for things to be as they are.” 



-  Charlotte Joko Beck




Every moment is the guru. That's something I can believe in. The last many months have not gone exactly as planned. I suppose you could say it began this summer when I had my bout with Bell's Palsy. July and August were a complete write-off. I had planned to spend the fall, September, October and most of November editing my poetry manuscript (due out in April of next year) and another longer, prose manuscript - to get it ready to send out. But for various reasons, this hasn't turned out. My anxiety level has been high. I'm not good at waiting on other people. I've also been afraid of a return of the BP, which is possibly triggered by anxiety. So. The good news. The edits on both of these manuscripts are soon to arrive.

Things are as they are. The snow falls. Then it rains. Soon it will snow again.

Though the weight of snow varies on the wings of this small metal bird of mine, it maintains the same pose. The weather is the weather. The moment is the guru.



3 comments:

  1. Serene, I fold my hands and wait,
    Nor care for wind, nor tide, nor sea;
    I rave no more 'gainst time or fate,
    For lo! my own shall come to me.
    -John Burroughs, Waiting

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...