Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

wait there patiently




THE EVERYTHING POEM

by Tukaram

I am looking for a poem that says Everything
so I don't have to write
anymore.







CLEARING 

by Martha Postlewaite

Do not try to save the whole world
or do anything grandiose.
Instead, create
a clearing
in the dense forest
of your life
and wait there patiently
until the song
that is your life
falls into your own cupped hands
and you recognize and greet it.
Only then will you know
how to give yourself
to this world
so worthy of rescue.






It's Friday and I'm waiting, feeling quite quiet, really. So, I give you a rose, a book, and the butterfly magnets hanging on the side of my fridge....

Have a beautiful weekend....mine will be spent at work at the library. Wishing you calm, a clearing, and some poetry in your days....




2 comments:

  1. This is very lovely and exactly what I needed, today, too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the clearing poem especially.
    wonderful.
    i'm going to quietly cup my hands today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...