Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

we never tire of looking at each other







Alone Looking at The Mountain

by Li Po

All the birds have flown up and gone;
A lonely cloud floats leisurely by.
We never tire of looking at each other -
Only the mountain and I.





It's true - I never tire of looking at the mountains. We're lucky enough to get out there, either to Banff or Jasper once or twice a year. We were in Banff just last summer (you might remember reading this post). This one, though, was a whirlwind trip - to attend the marvellous "JOY" exhibit at Canada House Gallery where Rob shows his work.

On the way out of town, we stopped to take photos of Bow Falls - really incredible to watch the water burst out of that icy snow.





Here is the artist, himself, taking in the beauty.








The Banff Springs Hotel, which overlooks the falls.








And then it was the drive home, where I had Rob stop every now and then so I could attempt to capture a little of that extraordinary morning light, the way it illuminates the mountains.






















And although they never really look like much, one can't help but take photos through the window of the vehicle, the classic road trip shot.






5 comments:

  1. Wow, this is just ....sublime. Transcendent scenery! I love snow and ice, think their beauty is pristine and unequalled and you've captured it perfectly here. Unfortunately, we don't get snow here in Ireland, so at this time of the year, I re-watch and re-read programmes & books on the Arctic & Antarctic to get my fix! These photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww - thanks Siobhán! I have to tell you I'm dying to make it to Ireland some day....

      Delete
  2. Thank you Shawna. Your shots DO look like 'much'. I also appreciate seeing so many of them. I always wonder if I'm including too many on my blog....but you have such a beautiful way of presenting your experience. So yes. Thank you for sharing your morning. I feel it's peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never tire of looking at this mountain either. Spectacular pics! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...