Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

to see flowers




“Nobody sees a flower - really - it is so small it takes time - we haven't time - and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time.” 


- Georgia O'Keeffe




“If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change.”

- Buddha


I had bought these three anemones from the local flower store. $2.50 each. And they have lasted beautifully, though one of the three has assumed a downward pose. This same flower has been crying for days.....purple tears, leaking, apparently, from its centre. I don't know why this is so shocking to me. I suppose because I suddenly felt like I didn't know anything at all about flowers.

The goal for the rest of the winter is to live several flowers. To see them.




Another goal, to sit more at the kitchen table, with books, candles.

Another goal, to sit more in the chair in the corner of my study, writing in my journal. Picking up this book and that one. Reading a poem, a paragraph. 

To sit quietly.

To see flowers.

Not lofty goals, but goals, nonetheless. 



2 comments:

  1. this is so beautiful, so tender… wonderful aspirations… simplicity is a deep blessing. Perhaps the purple tears were tears of joy, for you stopped to pay attention and appreciate this lovely blossom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they have to be tears of joy, too. Thanks, Laura.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...