Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

only the soul decides



From a book called, Instant Light: Tarkovsky Polaroids.  You can see some of them here.






Some photos this morning that I took with my iPhone. As I begin my new project, I keep thinking about how mysterious beginnings are.





Life continues, and some mornings, weary of the noise, discouraged by the prospect of the interminable work to keep after, sickened also by the madness of the world that leaps at you from the newspaper, finally convinced that I will not be equal to it and that I will disappoint everyone—all I want to do is sit down and wait for evening. This is what I feel like, and sometimes I yield to it.

- Albert Camus, from The Notebooks





I know that morning angst of Camus quite well. But who has the luxury to yield to it? To sit all day until evening? Perhaps it's just as well that one doesn't. But yes, that sensation - feeling one is not equal to it all.





And yet, in the end we are always equal to the day. We must be.







4 comments:

  1. Shawna, I am amazed, always, by the way you find just the right thing to say. Absolutely astonishing, and I'm so very grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to your posts every morning. Thank you for your insights, amazing photography and poetry. We must, and do, face the day. Thank you for sharing your contemplative work with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm grateful for you all, for the excellent company. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...