Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

my work today



It's Monday and I'm exhausted. Too little sleep this weekend - thank you insomnia. It's Monday, and I return to my work, my writing. I return to study the light.





I read an article on the weekend that I loved - in the magazine Brevity, by A. Papatya Bucak which is stunning.

In it:

"My work is to see who you are and who I think you could become. To notice the slate grey night lit by a full moon half behind a cloud. To know what it is to want more from someone than they are willing to give. To see the shadows cast by your secrets."

{read more here}





After so many grey days this winter, suddenly the light streams in and even though I'm exhausted, I'm also awake.






My work today will be to drink tea and dream a poem. My work today is to be quiet and think which will mean mainly turning off the computer.







My work today will be to see flowers.

My work is to watch the light enter through windows, however strong, however weak. To remember there is light even on the greyest days.





5 comments:

  1. You made my day peaceful just by reading this......your photos are so lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these images are perfect for me today.
    light and shadow. beautiful buddha. serenity. exquisitely carved wood. ancient stone of secret worlds.
    these images and your words are perfect for me today.
    here's to a night of divine rest for you! i know those nights of insomnia myself.
    hugs to my ace. and a kiss on his lovely black nose.
    i do.
    i kiss dogs. it's heaven. or the best nearest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is so peaceful. I love visiting :-) And what perfect words by A. Papatya Bucak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm in love with the light of the first picture

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...