Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

each dream is followed by another





“Because the world is so full of death and horror, I try again and again to console my heart and pick the flowers that grow in the midst of hell.”


- Hermann Hesse






“Your soul is the whole world.”

- Hermann Hesse




“You must find your dream...but no dream lasts forever, each dream is followed by another, and one should not cling to any particular dream.”



- Hermann Hesse







"To cut through the charades of this world, to despise it, may be the aim of great thinkers. My only goal in life is to be able to love this world, to see it and myself and all beings with the eyes of love and admiration and reverence...."


- Hermann Hesse






To love this world, even on its dreary days, even when it rains and rains. Even in the midst of horrible news, and sadness and sorrows. I think that is our task, simply that: to love this world. 

Well, a quick post this morning, as I've let time get away from me already today. 

Some photos that take you on one of my usual walks. Past blossoming trees, and onto the path by the highway. 






Here is the field where the coyotes hang out, pouncing on mice as we go by.




The path that leads me past one of the stands of trees I wander about in:







In the middle of my neighbourhood is a 'dry pond' and there's a lovely path that goes through:




So many things blossoming and flowering right now. Beautifully overwhelming.....








3 comments:

  1. These photographs make it a bit easier to love the world. Perhaps 'Calm Things' is like a primer. Blessings to you, among the blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking us on your daily walks . . . I actually feel refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the blessings, Stephen. Always welcome. Lucy - we should take a real walk together! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...