Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

between living and dream





“I’ve dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas: they’ve gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.”

- Emily Brontë








"…if a sadness rises in front of you, larger than any you have ever seen; if an anxiety-like light and cloud-shadows, moves over your hands and everything you do. You must realize that something is happening to you, that life has not forgotten you, that it holds you in the palm of its hand and will not let you fall..."


- Rainer Maria Rilke





“I am a product of long corridors, empty sunlit rooms, upstairs indoor silences, attics explored in solitude, distant noises of gurgling cisterns and pipes, and the noise of wind under the tiles. Also, of endless books.”



- C.S. Lewis





And what are you the product of?

Of course, the endless books.

For me, walks in the forest, late morning dreams, dreams that have stayed, falling asleep to the sound of rain and distant traffic, the scent of lilacs, long lingerings in the library.....




Whenever a sadness rises before me, next, there are always flowers. Does that happen to you, too?






A Place to Sit

by Kabir

Don't go outside your house to see flowers.
My friend, don't bother with that excursion.
Inside your body there are flowers.
One flower has a thousand petals.
That will do for a place to sit.
Sitting there you will have a glimpse of beauty
inside the body and out of it,
before gardens and after gardens.









Between living and dream
there is a third way.
Guess it.

- Antonio Machado



8 comments:

  1. Tranquil lift to start my day. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flowers inside the book. The Rilke quote is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful series of photos. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all, for the comments, which make my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just what I needed to read (and see) today, a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are my library - Thanks for sharing the gorgeousness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought of "The Language of Flowers" just then. How flowers can hold meaning and words, can convey ideas and communicate.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...