Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

I know a cure for sadness



A Hundred Objects Close By

by Mira

I know a cure for sadness:
Let your hands touch something that
makes your eyes
smile.

I bet there are a hundred objects close by
that can do that.

Look at
beauty's gift to us -
her power is so great she enlivens
the earth, the sky, our
soul.













Fragile

by Mira

So fragile this petal the earth,

as fragile as

love.









How Did the Rose?

by Hafiz

How 
did the rose
ever open its heart 
and give to this world all of its beauty?

It felt the encouragement of light against its being,
otherwise we all remain too
frightened.







“Whatever causes night in our souls may leave stars."


- Victor Hugo







"The rose announces on earth the kingdom
of gravity. A bird cancels it."


- from "Arise, Go Down" by Li Young-Lee {read the poem here}




Calm Things is going to be scaling back over the summer. I'm going to stop posting on Fridays for a while, so that I can work on my writing a bit more, save my dry eyes, and just generally re-group. I really need to re-group :)

Wishing you all a lovely weekend and that you may feel the encouragement of light deep in your being.





5 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and poems today, as always. Enjoy the writing time and the lovely summer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a wonderful way of combining your images with words.. either yours or others... in a very Zen way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Shawna. It is difficult to let you know how much I value you and your blog. Every day in calm things you change and celebrate my life by what and how you share. Thank you. I wish you a fulfilling re-group xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are savoring every moment of the summer and all the goodness it brings. Beautiful light filled images, as always. Enjoy your writing time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone, for all the good wishes, encouragement, and wonderful vibes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...