Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

no answers, darling




I feel unspeakably lonely. And I feel - drained. It is a blank state of mind and soul I cannot describe to you as I think it would not make any difference. Also it is a very private feeling I have - that of melting into a perpetual nervous breakdown. I am often questioning myself what I further want to do, who I further wish to be; which parts of me, exactly, are still functioning properly. No answers, darling. At all.



- Anne Sexton





"Derive happiness from yourself, from a good day’s work, from the clearing that it makes in the fog that surrounds us. Think that all those who have succeeded, remembering the difficulties of their beginnings, exclaim with conviction; “those were the good old days.” For most of them: Success = Prison. And the artist must never be a prisoner. Prisoner? An artist must never be a prisoner of [one’s] self, prisoner of a style, prisoner of a reputation, prisoner of a success, etc … Didn’t the Goncourt brothers write that Japanese artists of the great period changed their names several times during their lives? I like that: they wanted to protect their freedoms.”


- Henri Matisse






"Everything is always falling out of balance against a background of perfect harmony."

- Suzuki





"We are waiting for the seasons to change. We are waiting for our time to come around, or that opening to appear in the Tao where we can walk through and touch somebody. Whereas if we had moved before, everything would have been wrong - no point, no effect. Sometimes the right thing to do is to wait. In the hexagram in the I-Ching about waiting, it says you should enjoy yourself with this kind of waiting, you should eat and drink and be of good cheer. We do not need to be dour about waiting because we are in tune with the seasons. It is the right time to wait."



- John Tarrant






I think the words above say everything I have to say today. For which I'm grateful.

No answers, darling, indeed.







Mr. Ace had a bath on the weekend. Takes him forever to dry. 















And lastly, his arch-nemesis: squirrel!





4 comments:

  1. beautiful boy! I enjoyed the john Tarrant quote .. I too have read him

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! I love the photos of Ace, which remind me of our Blixa, who is a black lab/doberman mix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god.
    that face.
    that ace.
    enough said darling.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...